Inner Quest

Enter the Realm of the Spirit

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Christian Bible Studies


So far in our Bible studies, we have come to agree on many things. While taking up Acts 16:16-18, I observed that Paul did not object at first when a slave girl who was possessed by a spirit announced to everyone that Paul and company were sent by God, although later, for some reason, Paul decided to cast out the same spirit. I asked the group what they thought Paul found objectionable enough to merit the exorcism. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that all of them, even Walt, (the Baptist Pastor and Bible Study leader) did not object to spirit communication or guidance provided that after testing, the communication or guidance is adjudged to be "God-centered". The same position is supported by Paul’s initial silent approval. Walt suggested that the spirit might have made his pronouncements concerning Paul and the others in a mocking and insincere way. This, he pointed out, could be the real objection and reason behind Paul’s action. Whatever the reason, to me, this meant that the phenomenon or experience (of mediumship), itself, is not evil per se but becomes a good thing or an evil thing depending on its use and the manner by which it comes.


It is highly touted that we should simply "Believe in the Lord and we will be saved." From our discussion of Acts 16:30-34, we came to the conclusion that to believe is not as simple as it seems.


We need to turn away from sin or to repent. We also are required to repay our debts or to make amends for our transgressions, if not directly to those whom we have offended, then to any of our brothers in need. "What you have done for the least of your brethren, you have done for me." This point is well illustrated in the story of Zaccheus. Finally and even more importantly, we must live as the Lord lived, in righteousness and loving service to our fellowmen. So you see, while it is true that a thousand Christians constitute a thousand different religions, we still can and do agree on many of the teachings in spite of our differences.


Sometime back, Dindo prayed for my real estate business to prosper. That very same week, two good prospects called me up. One sale has already been consummated; the other is still in the works. I had to mention to the group that I myself do not ask for material things. I believe God who is all knowing and all-powerful always provides for our needs whether we ask for them or we don’t, and whether we understand or not. It’s all in Matthew 6:28-34. However, I felt that I should announce what happened to the group and to Dindo, in particular, to encourage them and acknowledge the efficacy of their efforts at prayer. Nevertheless, not that I’m complaining, but the income was really too small, just enough to cover my expenses for a month. I kidded Dindo to pray harder for more and greater, next time.


From the income, the fruit of Dindo’s prayer, I was able to resume my own dissemination work. I reactivate everytime funds become available for this purpose. Since then, many inquiries, consultations and requests for counseling were made over the telephone but no one has enrolled in any of the courses, yet, due mainly to inadequate promotion. I am reminded of your own experiences in Indonesia and elsewhere. But I am not discouraged.


Getting you to reconsider reincarnation is a tough one but it is the key to your understanding the experiences we all encounter. I am including one of our articles which we give out free to all those who inquire about the study courses. I have not yet given this same article to any of the care group members lest they throw rocks at me. Isabela (where you are presently assigned) is too far for you to cause me any real harm. With this, however, I’m sure I will be receiving your rebuttal very shortly.


Letter to Baptist Pastor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home